Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sewing monster

For serious—all day Tuesday I was a sewing monster. I bought a bunch of Magnolia Lane by Laura Gunn fabric, and I just couldn't resist making something with it ASAP. Look at the gorgeous tote bag and made:

Using the teal Painter's Canvas and Magnolia Branch

And look at this one!!

Painter's Canvas in teal again, along with Textured Plaid in Turquoise 

Hmmm.... notice something uncanny? (Besides how messy my craft room is because that is totally normal for me?) The similar colors, the pretty much identical straps, perhaps?

...

OH SNAP, I tricked you!! It's a reversible tote bag!!! I have one bag but when I go out on different nights I can pretend I have two!!!! (Not that I really go out a lot but still!!) Since I couldn't find a reversible tote bag pattern that pleased me, I decided to make up my own using this pattern from Weekend Designer and this pattern from Skip to My Lou. I think it worked out pretty well, as long as you don't count that I forgot a pin and sewed it in between the two layers, never to be retrieved. You will be missed, pin, especially since I think you were one of the purple ones.

Since I know myself well enough to realize that attempting to use this tote bag in any shape or form to move around my everyday belongings would result in a dark, evil, pit of chaos at the bottom of the purse, I also decided to use the pattern from Fresh Crush to make your own purse organizer using scraps and a cereal box. I don't eat cereal, so I'm using a box that once held cocktail wieners. I eat a lot of those, which is also probably why I can't fit in most of my jeans. I should eat cereal instead, even though it is gross and always ends up soggy. I haven't finished it yet, but as soon as I do, I will post a pic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment