Sunday, October 26, 2008

zomg

I just had an excellent idea, and I wanted to share it because I can't find any documentation of it anywhere else on the internets. I've been trying to think of more things I can make with the unnecessary amount of rice flour I have when I thought of it. What if one were to make ochazuke, but instead of using rice, to use rice flour cupcakes?
I imagine it being soaked in a tres leches cake kind of way, perhaps with a whipped cream frosting that is flavored with myoga or crystallized ginger. Hot damn, that would be awesome.
I know that ochazuke is supposed to be savory, but I don't see why it can't be sweet and cupcake-y, instead! This is now, officially, on my to-do list. And if you make this, you are officially required to let me know and/or taste. :D

ETA: I'm not referring to green tea cake, by the way, the kind where you include matcha in the recipe. Oh no no. I'm talking about pouring a hefty amount of strong green tea on top of a cake, and letting it slowly soak in. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment