Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finished product from yesterday

So I embroidered this piece yesterday, and then had no idea what to do with it. I was thinking I might make a suncatcher or something, but the sober view of my stitching made me wince, so that's a no go. I consulted an internet forum that has nothing to do with crafting for their opinion, and decided that I would just frame it in an embroidery hoop with my new etsy cloth behind it. But I was also thinking about crazy quilts, from another not-on-topic post in the forum.


So it's not exactly crazy quilted, but it is a little silly. I couldn't help myself! I thought a little lace at the bottom to make it less empty... and then saw the ribbon... and there were all these beads that I spilled everywhere that I haven't cleaned up yet...

And then it was too late. For future reference, though, using a hot glue gun on LACE and SHEER FABRIC and then pressing it down with your finger: NOT A GOOD IDEA. I don't know whyyy I kept doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment