Monday, April 19, 2010

Terrariums!

Terrariums! Aren't they fantastic? Little ecosystems that I never have to water! It's like the whole thing was invented so that I could not kill some plants for once.

Since I have an intense love for apothecary jars, I was really excited to have an excuse to finally get some. I always pine over them in home decorating sections, despite knowing that I am not the sort to fill them with fake lemons as part of my decor. Of course, the jars I got sat empty in my living room for a couple months before I got around to making my terrariums (don't judge me!).

I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.

Photographing glass was more difficult than I anticipated.

I am especially fond of the little one with moss. Moss is probably one of my favorite plants—it's soft, comfy, and super easy to transplant. I found some more moss at my parents' house that looks like little trees, and once I find another container, I am going to make another terrarium with it. Since the moss one is my favorite, it got to have my super awesome holey rock that I found on a beach in Costa Rica.

It's like a little bed for my pet rock.

I am eventually going to take pictures of the other stuff I am working on, but it's been rainy and my camera sucks butt, so I haven't gotten around to it. But I will! Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment