Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tom Tom thing thing

So this week I got a GPS because I was sick of getting lost in Boston and ending up on Storrow Drive even if I wasn't near it in the first place. It's cute, and I may or may not be getting the Darth Vader voice for it... >_> I mean I could wait until August and get Han Solo!! <3 <3 <3  I mean......

Oh! Look over there! Something not nerdy!! ---------------->

Anyway, since objects that enter my purse usually do not come out unscathed, I figured it would probably be wise to create some sort of protector case for the Tom Tom. Yesterday morning I was delaying before I went into work, and decided to make a mock-up of what one could be like using some crappy felt.

aw yeah, check out my too-short ribbon!

I kinda like the idea of it, but not the execution. I like the cross-stitch along the seams. I am going to make the foldy-top part [that's a technical term] longer, and use one of my 18 billion-trillion antique buttons from my grandmother. And I'm gonna embroider some flowers on it. I do like the color combo, though, even if it is unusually girly for me. (I suppose I should stop pretending I am still a tomboy at this point, considering how froofy my bedroom is and the number of heels I own.)

Also, I am thinking that I am finally going to be able to start decreasing the size of my yarn stash. My company is planning on starting a "knitting and networking" group that would meet during lunch once a week. Consistent knitting FTW! I know what everyone is getting for Christmas this year! :P

And, just a warning (though I am pretty sure no one besides my mom and sister read this), I am 97.3% sure that I am not going to post next Monday. It's a holiday and all, and I will be in the White Mountains with my awesome family. But maybe my mom will loan me her sweet new laptop ;) and let me post if I end up making something sweeeet this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment